Now that all the contenders in the quest for the Holy Grail of Premiership of Alberta are known …. Let the jousts begin!
Here is a quiz. Can you guess which persona each candidate will adopt?
Rachel Notley – Will she be:
- Maid Marian – Robin Hood’s love interest giving to the poor – (without really mentioning where she got the money).
- Joan of Arc – Heroine leading a band of rebels against the status quo…. (hoping for a better fate than how Joan’s story ended….)
Jason Kenney – Could he be?
- King Arthur returning from the federal wars to save his kingdom from King John (Uh..that would be Queen Rachel actually)
- Sir Galahad ready to defend the realm against unwelcome incursions from Trudeau the Younger (by pulling a legendary sword from the stone of federal equalization payments)
Greg Clark – Perhaps?
- St Patrick – travelling throughout the land, preaching moderation and chasing off the snakes of deficit spending
- Rob Roy – raiding and plundering the votes of the powerful – but being very kind to his people
David Khan – Hoping to emulate:
- Peter the Hermit riding his donkey throughout the land inspiring people on a great crusade to reclaim the province for the Liberals
- Merlin – whipping up some potions that will remove the bitter taste from many Albertan’s mouths about voting Liberal.